Monday, June 28, 2010

My 30-day raw challenge is a result of becoming frustrated with my addiction to food. I have been eating about 50% raw for the past several months. Once I went ten days 955 raw and I felt amazing...totally amazing. My muscles just wanted to lift weight because they were buzzing with energy. I had never experienced anything like it.

I am sick of my extra weight. I went bathing suit shopping last week and felt like I looked pregnant and I'm not. My stomach protrudes just as if I were pregnant. Aaargh!

I know that eating raw, predominantly fruit and low fat is extremely healthy. I need to be healthy. I want to live a long and healthy life. I am 42 years old and my children are age six and under. I will be 60 when my youngest is about 20. I have got to take better care of myself now to I can experience great health in my later years.

So, here's the plan: 100% raw for 30-days.

Why only for 30 days? I feel like that is a commitment that I can make and keep. Longer than that and I don't know how committed I will be. After 30 days, I will re-evaluate and decide what next. I hope I choose to be raw for life.

Day 1

My weight this morning was a whopping 187.3. We just got home from a vacation last night. I ate whatever I wanted for three days. Not good. I am sure that I will drop a few pounds quickly because I am carrying some water weight from how I ate on the trip.

I was great at eating raw today.
Breakfast: 3 cups of watermelon and a banana
Lunch: 2 cups of watermelon and a green smoothie--parsley, kale and stevia leaves from my garden, spinach, banana, and frozen berries
Dinner: Spinach salad with avocado, tomato, basil, lemon juice, sea salt, and cayenne pepper
Late snack: Cucumber and cherry tomatoes with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper

I spent the afternoon watching the DVD "Raw for Life". It is inspiring. I can see the value of seeking strength from others who have gone down this path ahead of me and have made it a lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment